This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click an affiliate link and buy something, that website will give me a tiny bit of money to say thanks for sending you to them. There is NO extra cost to you. This applies to Amazon links, as well as others, and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Our USA road trip ended a month ago (a month already!) and it was incredible. We saw so much and we’ve pretty much been enjoying summer since mid-March. Which, if you ask me, is well deserved having converted our van in the freezing cold of a Home Depot car park in Toronto.
Below is the road trip route we took around the US. During the route we covered over 20,000km, 22 States, 11 National Parks, 1 lost passport mishap, a punctured tire, an expensive visit to the garage, one gun spotted in a restaurant and 2 bear sightings.
We covered a lot but it also looks like we really didn’t do all that much?!
I’ve still got SO much to write about our trip (even over a year after we finished). I also kept a diary full of my observations from on the road which I may share a bit of on here (if you’re lucky!).
If you’ve got any questions about our route, want advice on how to plan your own, or just want to say hi then please do 🙂
US National Parks we visited
Arches National Park, UT
- How to visit Arches and Canyonlands National Parks in one day
- Ultimate guide to Arches National Park (permits, must sees & more!)
- A complete packing list for Arches National Park
- Things to do in Arches National Park in one day
- The arches you need to see in Arches National Park
- The best half day hikes in Arches National Park
- The ultimate adventurer’s Guide to Moab, Utah
Canyonlands National Park, UT
- The complete guide to Canyonlands National Park, Utah
- What to pack for Canyonlands National Park
- What to see and do in Canyonlands National Park
- The best hikes to do in Canyonlands National Park
Bryce Canyon National Park, UT
- A guide to Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
- The best things to do in Bryce Canyon National Park
- What to pack for Bryce Canyon National Park
- The best hikes in Bryce Canyon National Park
Zion National Park, UT
- 16 of the best things to do in Zion National Park (Including a SECRET hike!)
- Hiking the Angel’s Landing in Zion National Park
Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
- A guide to the Grand Canyon’s South Rim
- Grand Canyon South Rim best hikes
- 10 best things to do in the Grand Canyon National Park
- Hiking into the Grand Canyon on the South Kaibab Trail
The Everglades National Park, FL
Redwoods national park, CA
Yosemite national park, CA
- The best things to do in Yosemite National Park
- How to hike Yosemite Falls
- Breaking Down in the Middle of Yosemite National Park
Death Valley, CA
- A guide to visiting Death Valley National Park, California
- The best day hikes and backpacking in Death Valley National Park, California!
- 9 things to see and do in Death Valley National Park
Mount Rainier, WA
- Guide to visiting Mt Rainier National Park, WA
- The best Mt Rainier day hikes & backpacking trails
Cascades National Park, WA
- Complete guide to visiting North Cascades National Park
- Some of the best North Cascades National Park hikes!
See all posts by state
US - by state