Planning to travel to Europe? Check out these Europe travel guides from places I’ve visited over the years.
Click the country you’re interested in visiting on the map below and you’ll see all my travel blogs from that country.
Pink is countries I’ve lived (or live) in and blue is countries we’ve been to.
UK Travel Guides
I grew up in the UK and spent the first 26 years of my life exploring what it has to offer.
Whether you’re looking to visit the highlands in Scotland, explore the best things to do in Edinburgh for free, or just what to do in Edinburgh, or things to do in Glasgow, maybe you’ll looking to plan a road trip around the UK, spend time in London or other cities, or perhaps find the cute towns in the Cotswolds, you’ll find plenty of UK travel inspiration below.
Scandinavia Travel Guides
Who doesn’t love Scandi-culture?
The freedom to roam, the effortlessly cool style and hygge come winter, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland are so much fun to explore.
Norway travel guides
Norway is expensive, but it doesn’t have to break the bank. I’ve got a great budget guide to Oslo.
Sweden Travel guides
We’ve also done a couple of trips to Sweden, with more to come. If you’re looking to explore the best things to do in Gothenburg, such as the Gothenburg archipelago and the Gothenburg Christmas market or perhaps wondering about what you should know before going to Sweden check out my guides.
Denmark Travel guides
As part of our year in travel, we spent some time exploring Copenhagen in Denmark. This has given us a little taster of what Demark is like and I’m sure it’s somewhere we’ll end up going back to sooner rather than later!
See my 3 day Copenhagen itinerary or check out how to get from Copenhagen to Malmo or even Copenhagen to Oslo! If you only have a couple of days in Copenhagen, I’ve put together a great Copenhagen 2 day itinerary too.
Portugal Travel Guides
After 2 months in Northern Norway above the Arctic Circle, and three months in Scotland, we were in desperate need of some sunshine and warmth and so we spent a month in Portugal. Our first two weeks were in the beautiful city of Lisbon, followed by two weeks in the Algarve.
It was my first time in this country and so my first time in Lisbon too and I absolutely loved the city especially all the things to do in Lisbon city centre, visiting Sintra and Cascais and exploring the best things to do in Lisbon Portugal.
The Algarve was unexpected too and getting from Lisbon to Albufeira was easy.
I knew The Algarve had nice beaches, but didn’t realise they were as nice as they were. I also was expecting to see more high-rises and all-inclusive beach resorts and there were fewer of those than I thought which was nice to see.
France Travel Guides
I spent a year living in Grenoble while studying French at university. Together with family trips abroad, I’ve been lucky enough to visit France many times, trying to see as many places as possible.
Spain Travel Guides
Spain is a beautiful country and there’s so much to explore from mountains to beaches and delicious food.
I’ve mostly explored Spain by car taking a road trip in Northern Spain, and some of Southern Spain too. I’ve also got a great guide on how to plan a day trip to Gibraltar and what to do in 48 hours in Madrid.
All Europe Travel Guides
Browse all my Europe travel guides (newest – oldest).
- 26 Things to do in Slovenia (that aren’t Ljubljana and Bled)
- 28 things to do in Grenoble by a former local!
- Quiraing walk Isle of Skye Scotland
- 20+ of the Best Free Things to do in Inverness
- Ultimate Guide on What to do in Inverness Without a car
- Guide to the Best Boat Cruise on Loch Ness
- Where to find the best Loch Ness camping
- 28 best things to do on Loch Ness Scotland
- The Best Lodges on Loch Ness with hot tubs
- 19 Best walks in the Cairngorms National Park Scotland
- How to find the Cairngorms Pyramid in Scotland
- The Best things to do in Aviemore Scotland
- The best accommodation in Aviemore Cairngorms National Park
- How to Visit Green Loch Aviemore Scotland
- 33+ VERY best things to do Cairngorms National Park Scotland
- 24 of the best things to do in Gothenburg Sweden
- 16 of the best things to do in Millport Scotland
- Largs to Millport Ferry
- Best things to do in Lund, Sweden
- What to do in Malmö Sweden
- How to get from Malmo to Copenhagen
- 48 Best things to do in Glasgow Scotland and nearby
- How to spend one day in Glasgow Scotland
- The best free things to do in Glasgow
- 15 of the best things to do in Stirling
- 17 of the best Loch Lomond walking routes
- 20 Best things to do in Callander, Scotland
- 30+ Awesome things to do in Loch Lomond National Park
- Walking the Whangie & Auchineden Peak, Scotland
- Ultimate guide to the Ben A’an walk in the Trossachs, Scotland
- Guide to hiking the Stuc a Chroin walk
- Ben Nevis Hike Scotland Guide
- Ben Lomond Scotland from Ptarmigan Ridge Guide
- Ben Ledi Walk, The Trossachs Guide
- 14 of the best walks in the Pentlands Edinburgh
- Walking Arthur’s Seat Edinburgh Guide
- How to visit Cramond Island near Edinburgh Scotland
- 13 Best things to do in Portobello Edinburgh
- 26 of the best things to do in Leith, Edinburgh
- 40 of the best things to do in North Berwick
- 29 best things to do in South Queensferry
- Ultimate guide on how to spend one day in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 35 of the best things to do in Edinburgh at night
- 46 Best things to do in Edinburgh Scotland
- 39 Best romantic things to do in Edinburgh for couples
- 49 Best free things to do in Edinburgh
- 14 Places for the best hiking in Tromso Norway
- How to see the Lofoten Northern Lights
- 14 Things to do in Henningsvær, Lofoten
- Guide to the best hiking in Lofoten – 15 best Lofoten hikes!
- Haukland Beach and Uttakliev Beach coastal walk
- Hiking to the DNT Nøkksætra cabin in Svolvær
- The Eltofttuva hike in Lofoten Islands
- Heia Henningsvaer and Festvågtind hike
- Guide to hiking Delp and Matmora Lofoten Islands
- Eggum Unstad Hike on the Coastal Path
- Kleppstadheia Lofoten hike
- Tjeldbergtind hike
- Hiking Guide: Ryten Lofoten + Kvalvika Beach
- Svolværgeita, Fløya + Djevelporten hike in Lofoten
- How to do the Reinebringen Hike in Lofoten
- 17 best beaches in Lofoten Islands
- The best camping in Lofoten, Norway
- The Best Lofoten trip: What you need to know
- Lofoten winter trip: 20 Best things to do
- Best beaches on Arran
- Goatfell Arran and Glen Rosa Loop hike in Scotland
- 30+ Best things to do on Arran
- 9 Best Senja Hikes, Norway
- Ultimate guide to the Ornfløya Hike Sommarøy Norway
- 8 Best Sommarøy Norway things to do
- 17 Best Senja Norway things to do
- Smørstabben Hike in Tromsø
- Hiking the Sherpatrappa Tromsø – Sherpa Steps Tromso
- Hiking Guide: Brosmetinden Tromsø
- 35 Best things to do in Tromsø, Norway
- The Ultimate Tuscany Itinerary – 7 Days
- How to spend one day in Siena, Italy
- The Best 3 Days in Rome Itinerary
- How to Spend One Day in Pisa
- National Parks in England & the UK
- 15 Things to know about Sweden before travelling there
- The great big Italian bucket list!
- Best villages and towns in Cornwall to visit!
- The best Glencoe walks and hikes
- 12+ Best Glencoe photography locations
- 23 Best things to do in Glencoe, Scotland
- Scottish Highlands Itinerary – Weekend Glencoe Road Trip
- A guide to Olkhon Island on Lake Baikal, Russia
- The 11 Best things to do in Irkutsk, Russia
- The Ultimate Guide To The Wimbledon Queue
- 5 Cool Neighbourhoods to Explore in London
- Road trip itinerary for southern Spain
- A few of the best things to do in Amsterdam on a budget
- 27 of the best things to do in Oslo (without spending a fortune)
- How to take a day trip to Gibraltar from Spain & what to do there
- Your ultimate guide to the Regata Storica in Venice, Italy
- 14 Picturesque Castles in Scotland You Need to Visit!
- 21 Incredible hilltop towns for your Italy itinerary
- The Scotland landscapes you need to see!